The purpose of the Foundation Programme is to provide a systematic presentation of particular subjects of Mahayana Buddhism to enable practitioners to deepen their knowledge and experience of Buddhism.
Beginning in early April 2016 on the Foundation Programme at MKMC, they will begin the study of the book The New Heart of Wisdom. This will be taught by Jim Belither a very experienced Kadampa teacher, who has been a close disciple of Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso for many years and works as the Tharpa Publications editor.
The programme comprises the following five subjects, based on Buddha’s Sutra teachings and the corresponding commentaries by Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso:
1. The Stages of the Path to Enlightenment, based on the commentary Joyful Path of Good Fortune
2. Training the Mind, based on the commentaries Universal Compassion and Eight Steps to Happiness
3. The Heart Sutra, based on the commentary The New Heart of Wisdom
4. Guide to the Bodhisattva’s Way of Life, based on the commentary Meaningful to Behold
5. Types of Mind, based on the commentary How to Understand the Mind
Please contact our EPC at MKMC for more information about enrolling on the programme: firstname.lastname@example.org