Adult Group Visits on Weekdays
Groups come to see the World Peace Temple, learn about the spiritual life of the Buddhists who live here, and view the historic House in its beautiful parkland setting. There are gardens, woodland walks and the shoreline of Morecambe Bay to enjoy.
- Your 1½ hour Guided Tour starts in the Temple watching a DVD of the history of Conishead Priory and Modern Buddhism.
- This is followed by a guided walk around the Temple discovering how we use it every day.
- Depending on your arrival time, you can join in with a simple 15 minute guided meditation to develop a calm and peaceful mind which take place at 12.30 and 2.00 in the Temple every day.
- Short stroll through the gardens to the historic house to view some of the highlights of this romantic Gothic showpiece.
- Plenty of time to ask questions throughout the tour.
- As an optional extra after the tour you can an enjoy a Cream Tea (tea/coffee, scone, jam and clotted cream). Tables are reserved for you in the original Dining Hall. The cream tea will be laid out so you can sit down and we will serve you tea or coffee.
- Please allow some time after tea to visit the gift shop, explore the gardens, and enjoy a six minute walk through the woods to Morecambe Bay.
How to book a weekday Group visit
We have group visits from Monday to Thursday. Maximum number is about 48 people. You can arrive at a time that suits your group. We will welcome you on your arrival at our car and coach park, and start with the guided tour.
Please email your preferred dates to our Visits Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org, OR ask for an email to be sent with all our currently available dates so you can choose a suitable one. We will also email our Information Pack and separate Booking Form. When the date and arrival time is agreed please email or post your booking form, and we will email a confirmation letter. We are finding it quicker and more efficient to use email so if you don’t use email yourself please find someone in your group who can help.
Our 2016 and 2017 charges are :-
Guided Tour at £4 each.
Optional extra of cream tea (tea/coffee, scone, jam, clotted cream) after the tour at £4 each.
Total £8 each.
Payment. No deposit required. We will give you an Invoice for the final numbers on the day. Can also email a copy of this
Invoice to your Group’s Treasurer if required. Cheques made payable to ‘Manjushri KMC’ please.
Access. There are just a few steps and no stairs on the tour, and chairs are available for if you need to sit down as we go round. The Temple and the ground floor of the historic House have wheelchair access, and there is a disabled toilet near the Temple.
We look forward to welcoming your group.